Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm beginning to find my footing.

I am continue to work on KarenM's Jensen Ackles Minimee as well as do some Life Drawing homework. Oh, and writing this entry. I believe I am getting work done in a timely matter.

I recently purchased a spray booth for working with BJDs. I mentioned here how I am now able to safely use one because of a new to me sealing method. I have reason to believe that I will do BJD's a bit faster rather than slower. I'm really crossing my fingers on this one, but this is my logic; every part of the faceup process will done in one spot (at my desk, yay concentration ), wait times in between sealing will be cut down (no more waiting for fumes to clear out), and work will be done indoors (goodbye damned weather problems!). Also, using my airbrush becomes more convenient. Using an airbrush meant having to go down into my basement with a washing machine as my work surface. I'm really excited to get to work practicing. The downside to all of this is my skills and experience. Trial and error and do-overs will be things that will momentarily slow me down until I get the hang of things. What worries me most is that I won't get the hang of it at all. I will try my best to not let that happen! Here's to progress! And here is to some cute faces I had a chance to work on a while back.







P.S. I went to go see Breaking Dawn pt. 2 for my birthday present to myself. I liked it even though it was even more painfully corny than the prior movies. Ah, the epitome of a guilty pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin