Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Stocking up: Backpacking goods.


This past Tuesday I headed to REI to get some backpacking items while they had their sale to celebrate Memorial Day. I'm slowly building up my supplies for when we go backpacking this summer. It feels great to   check these items off on my list. 


I bought these socks previously and absolutely loved them. The light cushion socks aren't as bulky but still ridiculously comfortable. Wool socks are the way to go when hiking or backpacking. Gotta love lots of cushion!


TICKS! They are all over the place here and carry Lyme's disease. Lyme's Disease is actually one of the biggest threats you'll experience on the Appalachian Trail. I've been anxious to get one of these tick keys that easily remove ticks without squeezing them or leaving parts of them in your skin. Gross right? Exactly why I was very quick to add this to my list.


My two most favorite purchases were my new boots and backpacker's cooking set. I already bought my pocket stove, and needed a pot and bowl to go with it. I love these minimalist backpacking items because of how smartly packed they are. I can't wait to try it out! My new boots by Vasque I will be trying out these weekend as we hike another small section of the Appalachian Trail. I took them for a stroll around the park, and they were really comfortable. I will have to wait to get a real opinion when I put them to the test on the trail.

I will be leaving on Friday and going up to the campgrounds with my friends and their family for a weekend long vacation. I will be back on Tuesday. I hope my weekend is full of hikes, swimming, and fireworks. Hope you all have a great weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin