Friday, January 11, 2013

The time has come...

I have been thinking about this a lot recently and I feel I have come to the conclusion that I will be taking a break from the BJD hobby. Perhaps I will return one day in the future, but as of now I have just lost that sense of excitement and happiness that came with the hobby. I don't visit the forum regularly anymore for personal interest, but rather to keep up with my commissions. That was one in many things that signaled me to rethink my place in the hobby. So what happens now?

This site will still remain up as I do have other interests I like sharing and commissions to carry out, but I'm not 100% sure where this will go after as it is heavily clad in BJD topics. I will have to think about the fate of the site over the next few months, and see what feelings I have when summer rolls along.

Commissions may be the main thing that has worried me and has made me come to this conclusion. Taking commissions has become something stressful rather than enjoyable over time. These past 4 months I just couldn't get a handle on it and find time for it. And so, because of this I will not be accepting any new commissions and will have to cancel commissions which I do not have. Commissions that are with me will be completed. If I do ever return to the hobby I will work on my own dolls and ideas to sell as artwork. This includes Blythe as well. Will I ever commission again? I cannot be so sure, but I also cannot deny it.

I'm sorry if this is disappointing news to anyone, and I hope that while I have been in the hobby you have enjoyed my work. Thank you everyone who supported me!

Questions and concerns are always welcome.

8 comments:

  1. This makes me sad. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to hear this, but your enjoyment of the hobby is more important. ^_^ *hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your happiness always comes first! Good luck to you in whatever you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone so much for your understanding and support! I appreciate it so much. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sad to see you go... You gotta find the part of the hobby that's just for you, and that makes you happy first though. Otherwise, it's not worth it.

    Can't really blame you, with all the negativity that's showing up in the hobby these days too... There's been such an increase in the self-entitled attitudes, and snarkyness. *headshake*

    But, on the selfish note, I had hoped to send a dollie head to you for a faceup... Should have acted sooner! *facepalm* XD

    Come back, if you're ready. Would love to see you return. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, Meggilu that's sad to hear, but totally understandable. Try and find your groove and do something that makes you truly happy. I know that commissions demand a lot of time, money and creativity, so I think it's best when you know when to take a break :) I wish you well wishes and many thanks for the great face ups :) Take Care~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I attempted to post something here but apparently I don't know how to use the internet. So, while I am sad because you know I like to send all my dolls to you (and really who else is going to redo my Souldoll tan Emilia's faceup), I totally understand and appreciate how you feel. You have to be happy and that's most important. I will continue to stalk your blog regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only just found out about this and I'm devastated ;-; You will be truly truly missed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin