Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Two waterfalls in one day!

Yesterday my friend Dayna and I wanted to go hiking since we both were off for Memorial Day. We chose from her book of the best 50 hikes in New Jersey The Great Falls in Paterson, NJ. The book said it was a two hour hike, but we did not experience this. The falls were great but there wasn't much to hike. It's also a more urban area, which we knew, but were still left wanting to do more. So it was back to the book.


Our second choice was Schooley's Mountain County Park in Morris, NJ, and what a lovely choice it was. It also had a waterfall, which was multi-layered and beautiful. I really liked it there. The hike was about two and a half hours, 3.5 miles, and had some scrambling. I would definitely go back there again to perhaps hike the opposite way, which would require us to climb up the waterfall area instead of scramble down. Two waterfalls, one day. It was a great way to spend Memorial Day.




2 comments:

  1. Wow did those look beautiful! I'm glad you got a chance to hang out. Happy Memorial day. And may you find the absolute most perfect hiking spot!! XDD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a great weekend. I hope you did too! Can you believe it's almost the weekend again?!

      Delete

LinkWithin