Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hot day Mitsuwa Trip.

Yesterday was a nice hot day, and I was home, sitting in my room, wanting to do something to get outside. After crossing off choices from my long list of ideas I ended up heading to Mitsuwa with my friend Jennie. I love going there to spend the day. It is my go to place to liven up any boring day. My favorite meal to have is salt ramen. However, yesterday was definitely not a ramen day. Way too hot! So, I chose to get pork cutlets with cabbage salad and rice from Katsuhana. A finer choice indeed. It was delicious! ^ _ ^

Then we went to the stores where I purchased another Rilakumma letter set, because I just couldn't help myself. Jennie will be going to Korea to teach English, so I will definitely be putting them to good use.


To end the day we bought things from the supermarket and sat at the cafe to eat some dessert. Mitsumame is one of my favorite new desserts. I love mixing flavors and textures with food, and mitsumame does exactly that. It has green tea ice cream, anko (sweet azuki bean paste), mochi (chewy rice cake), strawberries, bananas, and oranges, agar-agar jelly, and a brown syrup drizzled over everything. So, so, sooo good on a hot day. I would like to try and make my own homemade version.


Tonight we are going to watch the first Devils game of the Stanley Cup finals. Pretty exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin