Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I finally have my phone charged and cooperating so I thought it'd be important to write and let everyone know what's going on. As of Monday night I have been without power and may continue to be through some of the week. The hurricane brought a lot of damage to my town but my house is positioned far enough inland to not experience any water damage. We were also lucky to have the multiple trees in front of my home stand strong through the storm. Only one fell into the street onto my Dad's truck (no severe damage). Everyone in my family is ok. My grandparents and relatives who live down the shore  are fine as well. The biggest hardship is the lack of power, which means no heat or refrigeration, and the lack of gas in my area. There are mile long lines of cars down broadway waiting for gas at the one station. I've lived here all my life and I've never experienced something like this before. I am very thankful that power is the only thing we need to worry about. My heart goes out to my fellow NJ, Bayonne and NY residents who have lost much during the hurricane.

I hope you are all safe. I wanted to reassure my clients that their dolls are safe here and have not been affected by the storm. Right now I am not sure when commissions will continue, but I will be sure to make an announcement once I do. I apologize for any disappointment this may cause. I also want to mention that I've received a few messages right before the storm happened and I will respond as soon as I can. Here's to returning back to normal.

Thank you all for your support and I hope everyone stays safe through this unsettling situation.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you didn't receive any damage from the storm. I hope your power gets turned on soon and that life can get back to normal relatively soon as well. I'm sure everyone who has commissions with you completely understands that they'll have to wait a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jen. It's good to know there are people out there concerned about us. It definitely helps us feel support and continue on working through hard times. I am so glad to say that my power just came back on after a week and an hour without it. So happy I cant think straight. Hopefully this nor'easter we get Wednesday won't undo our great progress!

      Delete
  2. I'm happy to hear that you are safe, as well as your family. Congrats on just getting power back as well. Good luck with getting everything back to normal.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin