Sunday, June 17, 2012

Satisfaction Sunday!

So, this week I am in NYC to help a friend and I'm having a great time finding things that are around. This Satisfaction Sunday is dedicated to NYC!


I was finally able to visit Washington Square Park. I'd never been there even though I live right across the water. I actually stumbled onto by accident. I was on Washington Place, saw Washington Square and didn't think anything of it. Then I walked across a street and looked to my left, and BAM, there was the giant archway. "HEY THAT'S THAT THING! WASHINGTON!" So I strolled over. There was a little street fair going on nearby too. It was marvelous.


Best thing about NYC is it's filled with macarons and gelato. A wonderful combination.


I found this crazy Japanese Kanji poster at KinoKuniya with about 1920 kanji including pronunciations for each. KA-RAZY! It's huge! Not sure where I will hanging it.


I was seeking a vegetarian place nearby because I needed something healthy to eat. This portobello sandwich with vegan mozzarella from Red Bamboo was the best choice... of my life.

The city is wonderful and it's extraordinary to be down the block from everything. Most of my time has been stumbling across things. For example, a Games Workshop and a nifty looking thrift store. I'm going to head back to Games Workshop tomorrow to pick up their Citadel spray so I can finally test it out.

As fun as it is though, I'm starting to get antsy missing out on nature. I need to hike, camp, swim, surf, something soon. Wednesday is going to be 90 degrees. Goodness me.

Have a great week everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin