Friday, April 27, 2012

Beat the surge!

I'm fighting through a small surge of mega-super-crazy-work as this semester is coming to an end. A lot of brainstorming on my part, but it will definitely be over in no time. Then it's back to my full-time doll job!

Commissions are being worked on and I'm getting things done. I just set out all the dolls that have recently arrived, and will get to cleaning and coating them all. I want to thank Morgan for the awesome, awesome gift she sent. It fits Bikou perfectly, and is totally her/his style. (I'm still confused on which sex Bikou will be!! Heh) Either way, Bikou looks very debonair.

I would also like to mention that I finally bought a Monster High doll, and I will be practicing. Lately I was getting requests to do vinyl dolls, and I was unsure if I could work on them. So, I bought one. I've always picked a MH doll up and put it back thinking I should save my money. No turning back now! Haha. I chose
Cleo De Nile for her lovely skin tone. I have yet to remove her face. How horrible did that sound?

3 comments:

  1. That was kind of her as well :)
    It sounds like you sure do have a lot on your plate. Take care of yourself and most importantly have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few MH dolls on a shelf and then I bought 2 that I was going to try and repaint but they still have their faces too.

    I have discovered the joy that is acetone and have removed the beauty mark on 1 Fashion Royalty doll and 1 Dynamite Girls boy. I've also removed the stupid pink lips from every Ken doll I own. Acetone, you are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I'm glad you like it, I was thinking it'd look awesome on Bikou!:)
    Can't wait to see what you do with the MH, I've been wanting to try my hand at one for a while too. Good luck with all the end of semester work!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin