Thursday, February 2, 2012

She's a "Scrape", half "Square" half "Drape".

I've been incredibly busy since school started. Right off the bat I had art projects that took up a lot of my energy and time. My illustration professor did this purposefully and he wanted to see what level we were at in production. We had two weeks to create drafts and sketches and then a final piece. Once I was working on my final piece I couldn't stop. I was so immersed into working on it, almost to the point of calling it an addiction. I've never really gotten that way about drawing before. I was always afraid to draw. I actually thought I was a horrible drawer. I realize now I was just inexperienced, unfocused, and insecure. Good to know some things are changing as I'm aging.

The project was to illustrate something you remember from your childhood. I chose a nightmare I had when I was a kid about my brother. It stuck with me because, well, let me just show you...


Now that I have some down time I'm going to work on dolls. Finally.
Random hair update for today. The purple is almost exactly the color I want it, and I'm definitely having fun with it. Also random information is that I realized I have a free gym at my college. I almost joined a gym. Sometimes I don't know where my head is at. So psyched.

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome for the movie quote in your title. I love that movie. ;)

    Your drawing is both awesome and horrifying. That sounds like a really terrible nightmare.

    And your hair looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you that you're not a bad illustrator at all,that piece is so dinamic and expresive,I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - It's one of my favorites. I've been watching it like a 5 year old recently. Over and over. Haha.

    Thank you!

    MissV - Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin