Thursday, September 1, 2011

Monthly Favorites - August



Well, there goes August as fast as anything. So it's time to make a monthly favorites already! Even though it may have seemed short, I do have a ton of favorites for this month! Lets start off with my Etsy favorites because it is quite lengthy.

[ ETSY ]

- Shop Spotlight -

I love it when I rediscover things that I have forgot about. While surfing Etsy I came across a rather familiar plush creature. As I clicked the link I immediately remembered WAWAYA. They are absolutely sweet, adorable, and unique handmade dolls made by a lovely lady, who is a graphic designer currently living in Japan. I'm sure many have already seen her fantastical creatures, but if you haven't I suggest you take a look! They are truly wonderful.
WAWAYA is on Flickr as well.


- Items I Enjoy -


1. Awesome shark wall decal.
2. Cutest ring in all the land.
3. Another beautiful piece by VadeMecum1984.
4. These extraordinary dolls are creepily realistic and have great eerie appeal. They really draw you in.
5. Brutal bat ring.
6. Love the pattern and softness these eyeglasses have.
7. Who can say no to a bear print?
8. I am in love with this typewriter!
9. Beetles are beautiful!
10. So beautiful I featured them twice!
11. What a bad ass idea!
12. More gorgeous tortoise eyeglasses.
(try saying that 10x's)
13. Every vintage loving girl needs a pair of these.
14. Simple, yet wonderful text art.
15. Too cute dolly clothes!


[ FOOD ]


I seem to have had Halloween fever ever since July, so I've been following a lot of Halloween themed Tumblr blogs. Being that October is only 1 month away, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to show you guys a recipe I found this August while surfing Tumblr. If you're a candy corn addict like I am this will be right up your alley.

Candy Corn Bark

16 Halloween-colored oreos, chopped
1-1/2 cups broken small pretzels
1/3 cup raisins
1-1/2 pounds white chocolate, broken into squares
3/4 cup candy corn
orange/brown sprinkles

*Spread the cookies, pretzels and raisins evenly onto a lightly greased small baking sheet. Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from the heat while there are still a few chunks, and stir until smooth. White chocolate burns easily.

*Drizzle chocolate with a spoon over the goodies in the pan, spreading the top flat to coat evenly.

*Top with candy corn and sprinkles. Let cool until firm. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.




[ MUSIC ]


Japanese artist Hayato Imanishi's creates music for both of his projects, Cyclamen and Withyouathome. His music contains a beautiful mesh of hard and soft, which leaves audibly satisfied. He has recently put out an new EP for Withyouathome which is available for pre-order now. You can request a custom cover for the EP that he will create himself. The EP features more of his mellow, lullaby-like, mostly instrumental work that is so beautiful you will play it as if it were a soundtrack to your life. Please do check him out! Feel free to contact him too, he's a real cool guy!

Hope you enjoyed the favorites I have mentioned! If you have any suggestions for me I'd be happy to take a look! I may just feature something of yours! Contact me anytime!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin