Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day of History.

I have not stopped being involved in receiving new information and feelings for the past 12 hours. Don't get me wrong, I understand that what I have stated happens constantly throughout your life, however, today it's been happening at a rather strong intensity. Having to write two history papers has a lot to do with it. So, in turn, I'm having all these crazy philosophical thoughts. It's quite funny. Comes with the territory of being 20 something right? I can't help but feel a naive and kind of cliché though.. Haha, but whatever, dude.

Wanna know what I've learned today? No? Oh.... Hmmm. Wanna know what I'm listening too? ...TOO BAD! YOU'RE GONNA KNOW! I've had these vinyls, which I got from my friend's dad, that have been sitting downstairs for about 2 years now. My parents are redecorating, so I thought now'd be a good time to............LOL THE RECORD IS SKIPPING RIGHT NOW! Wow, that was my first experience with that, and it was pretty entertaining to me, anyway, I digress. So I thought I should bring them upstairs, and perhaps listen to some of them. Well, I was just listening to Heart's Dreamboat Anne record. As soon as the needle hit the record and Magic Man started, it was like I was instantly connected with the past. It(60s-70s music) was pretty revolutionary stuff! Now this is very much part of what I was talking about before, I'm high on knowledge man... But in all seriousness, going back to the past through means that are still around is a great thing. It keeps us in touch with where we came from, and I'm diggin' it. I'm not diggin' how scratched this record is...

You know I took out a book from the library that was published in the 50s? Ok, that's not really antique or anything, but it is a 50 year old book! Some people don't even survive for that long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin