Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Damn it feels good to be back.

Today in art class we were instructed to bring in a small item that we would then translate into huge proportions. I couldn't find anything of interest the days prior to class. I thought I'd just leave it until the day came. Well I woke up this morning almost forgetting about needing an item, and still couldn't think of anything. I thought, perhaps an eraser, a button? I felt those were too simple. I then agreed, because I was running late, to try and pick up an acorn on the way to the bus. As I am desperately looking, well not too desperately, I notice a perfect specimen. My own zipper! Duh! The teacher was intrigued, I was nervous, and so I began to draw still life again for the first time in a long time.


He wants me to keep working on it, even though it's on newsprint (that's another story), and I'm just bewildered as to how I was able to do this. It's not perfect, but it's like the closest to realism I have ever drawn. It doesn't make sense since I haven't drawn like this in over 7 years. Now I feel like never stopping.

2 comments:

  1. It looks nice, this is the exact same assignment my AP Art students are doing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. ^^
    Oh really? That's cool. What tiny object did you have to draw?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin